VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Please join forum as member.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please join forum as member.
 Login/Join

VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted
I have a lot on my plate right now. I just started as RC manager at the new Regency Hospital in Ft. Worth, and am preparing for a presentation at a local seminar coming up next week, but I still plan much new for what this site is doing overall. If you haven't noticed, I have added GE Healthcares vents to the virtual exhibit hall, and try to keep up with the forums. This is becoming a bigger and bigger job as there is some huge effort to clog the forum with the equivalent of spam. It must be automatically done as there will be 50+ posts in a matter of minutes. I set up filters and am catching many of them that way and can delete them in mass rather than one at a time, but some times they get past the filters and you will see them temporarily in the forum. Please, if they get in here I request no one ever click the links. This forum's content is sacred to me, and our discussions have far reaching effects. I find these parasitic business practices intolerable. My request to each person posting is to please become a member of the forum. It is so much easier to distinguish the posts of a registered member and not delete your contribution with the junk. I apologize if some posts take a day or so to show up on the forum. That is because you have activated one of the screening criteria. This is something I ask you to be patient with. The only other option is to turn off the filters and I barely have time to clear the junk out the way I am doing it. Another reason I ask all contributors here to register is that some time in the near future we hope to put together the newsletter again. We should be able to get it out quarterly. There will be newly published missions and exciting new directions for us all to probe together. VentWorld has an unbelievably solid following, consistently logging around 30,000 individual user sessions per month. Jon Kaye put together such a feature rich site, with super contributions from so many great minds, it rolls on with little changes still having a powerful effect on the landscape of respiratory and ventilator care practice. I have so much respect for all of your thoughts and needs. I ask you continue to remain patient with what is to come, and continue to post regularly as that is our life blood here. Our changes will come. Also to please join as a member of the forum. I won't bug you with Emails; I just want you connected in to where we are going and what we are doing. I also don't want to delete your thoughts with the trash. Thanks so much to our regular posters. Welcome to our new members and visitors. The VentWorld forums are what we make them. Thanks again everyone, and if you are not a forum member please take a few minutes and join. Some folks have problems getting set up. If that is the case for you, you can Email me at gary@ventworld.com with your desired user name and password, and I'll start your profile for you. More updates coming soon. Thanks again.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post