VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Servo i Mean Airway Pressure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Servo i Mean Airway Pressure
 Login/Join

<Jim Goodmar>
posted
We are using the Servo i in our NICU to replace our Infant Stars. The Mean Airway Pressure fluctuates on the Servo i and is dependent on the amount of spontaneous breathing. This makes it difficult for us to track OI's. The Star gave a stable reading. Has anyone else had issues with it, and how have you handled it. This is a case that a display which is now more accurate is working to our disadvantage.
Thanks,
Jim Goodmar

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
Jim,
This would be a good problem to have I think, A vent too accurate. I might suggest averaging you MAP from the previous OI calculation, or indicating the OI with or without spontaneous breathing. This would also be a good time to discuss the desire for for spontaneous breathing with the nurse and show its effects. Seems to me to be a great learning opportunity.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post