VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    HyperBarics for vent patients
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HyperBarics for vent patients
 Login/Join

posted
Hello RC
My brother in law is in a long term care facility/hospital and has been diagnosed with Anoxic Encephalitis Brain Damage, he has renal failure (receives dialysis three times a week), three toes recently amputated (for which he had HBO for in the past)and peripheral neuropathy .... I have read the "HBO" is a recommended treatment modality ... but have had great difficulty locating a HBO facility/hospital who will take vent dependent patients .... does anyone know where there is a "HBO" facility/hospital that will accept vent dependent patients. If not how do you "wean" a semi-comatose patient off of a vent and can a speaking valve be used with this type of patient.

THANK YOU .... for all you do to help patients.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they take vented patients at University Hospital in San Antonio, Texas.

B.S. Respiratory Care 2008
Univ of Texas Health Sci Ctr-San Antonio

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul Tirelli
posted Hide Post
zawydi
You failed to say where you are located,
Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx NY takes vent patients in its HBO program

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post