VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Who uses Evita XL's oxygen therapy feature?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who uses Evita XL's oxygen therapy feature?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I have a question.

On the Evita XL oventilator by Drager there is a function called "Oxygen therapy." To access it you verify the ventilator is in standby. You will touch the label "Oxygen Therapy." Now you have a way to start it or turn it off as well as a way to increase flow/decrease flow and FiO2%. I have a question. Who uses it and haw good is it?? Is it good for spontaneous breathing trials with a T-Piece? Although, most hospitals now days are turning to the ventilator for SBTs in the reason that with a T-Piece you don't have alarms and if you simply use PSV+PEEP you can add 5 of PEEP and around 7 of PS which would set the PS at 2 on most vents because PSV on most vents is added to PEEP PSV+PEEP. I'm curious tosee how many people use O2 Therapy feature on the Evita XL. Thank you, and God bless.

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used it for high flow nasal cannily and trach collar as well. There are vendors out there with large bored nasal cannula that can be connected to vent Y-piece. I use them for those need high oxygen with a lot of secretion, if I put a non-rebreather on, pt can't cough out much.
For trach collar, I just use a short corrugated tubing connecting to trach collar for those that only last 30-45min and have to go back on the vent.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post