VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Servo i cassette: problem with water/cleaning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Servo i cassette: problem with water/cleaning
 Login/Join

<sherry>
posted
We are having an issue with our expiraotry cassette. the i is failing exp cassette test becasue of micro water droplets in the chamber.
Yes, we are following policy per maquet but to no avail. they have stated we need to increase dry time to 4 hrs. [I see $ out the door for new EC].
any problems/suggestions?!
thanks Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rt_yogi>
posted
I rinse them out with alcohol in between patients and leave them to dry for 30-60 minutes. we haven't had any problems.

posted Hide Post
Same as what we r doing. soak with alcohol for 45mins and leave them dry for an hour . perfect

Posts: 3 | Location: MALDIVES | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bruce>
posted
What kind of alcohol do you use? Isopropyl or Anhydrous (100%/Dry Alcohol?

<rt_yogi>
posted
We use isopropyl

posted Hide Post
Hello

We leave our cassettes vertically hanging in our air dryers for ~3-4 hours. Maquet recommends 1 hour but we use 3-4 and we have been mostly OK with them.

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RT32>
posted
Ten hours vertticaly is perfect.

<ventuser>
posted
Sherry. I work at a Hospital in NJ and we use and really enjoy the Servo-i. Our policy is that we place a filter before the cassette and do not remove the expiratory cassette in-between patients. The only time we sterilize is during preventive maintanence. Our cassettes are lasting 3-4 years on average and our VAP is next to nothing. I would suguest just drying them 4 hours like Servo recommends.

<G. Smetana, M.D.>
posted
How often are you changing out the filters? How many times a day is the vent circuit being broken in order to do that? Are you experiencing any Auto-PEEP due to wet filters or do you use HME's? Last 4 years? How long has that vent been on the market? I did not realize it was that old.

VAP next to nothing? Our hospital says the same thing...all depends how you measure it!!!! LOL!!!

<RT Guy>
posted
The Servo-I was introduced in 2001. We have 65 of these ventilators and use alcohol and then dry for 2-3 hours and have VERY FEW issues. We have found that when we do have a problem it is usually caused by drug residue on the back of the exp. valve.