VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Help urgently needed regarding vent settings that are being used to induce respiratory distress
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help urgently needed regarding vent settings that are being used to induce respiratory distress
 Login/Join

posted
My Dad is on a vent/dialysis at an LTAC. He was taken off vent and fine for 3 days with current RT. Another RT Grim was put on and upon entering room my dad was coughing, choking, 2 canisters secretions in 2 hours. Oxygen turned to highest settings and vapor from humidifier pouring out from under bed. Dad back on full vent 2 days later. I was shocked and knew something was up this RT which was confirmed by other employees scared of job. I videotape when he is on as Dad is never well when he is assigned to him. Any help with the vent settings that I can look for to prove he harms my Dad much appreciated !

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
RT Grim has a supervisor. I would suggest you go to that person ASAP with your concerns. Sometimes negative events seem to be associated with an individual when they are actually just random set backs that occur with the severely ill. Give the management of the facility a chance to address your concerns with the care your dad is recieving.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post