VentWorld
ventilator and dialysis patient

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8706082361/m/2701049021

March 22, 2005, 12:52 PM
<Cecilia>
ventilator and dialysis patient
Does anyone know of any nursing home facility in Texas,Louisiana or Oklahoma that will accept a ventilator & dialysis patient?
April 16, 2005, 04:51 PM
<mamapinson>
Check to see if you have a kindred hospital or select specialty in your area.We are going through the same thing with my sister,but we chose to bring her home on vent and do home dyalysis.
May 05, 2009, 10:51 PM
sandrarn
quote:
mamapinson

Can you share with me how what State you are in and how you were able to set up both ventilator and hemodialysis at home. I am attempting to accomplish providing both for my father in Jacksonville Florida
May 07, 2009, 04:34 PM
SAWHITE
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cecilia:
Does anyone know of any nursing home facility in Texas,Louisiana or Oklahoma that will accept a ventilator & dialysis patient?[

There are none in Texas. I've spent the last several days calling every NH that's listed with DADS. There are only 8 official homes in Texas that will take vent patients and none take vent/dialysis. Did you find any in Louisiana or Oklahoma?
July 02, 2009, 08:19 PM
eddiec
There is a Nursing Home in Texas now that accepts Vent Dialysis residents. Located in Brownsville Texas. Valley Grande Manor, INC. Send me a message and I can help with contact information
July 25, 2009, 04:16 PM
tlockwood
quote:
Originally posted by Cecilia:
Does anyone know of any nursing home facility in Texas,Louisiana or Oklahoma that will accept a ventilator & dialysis patient?

Yes, check out Valley Grande Manor, http://www.valleygrandemanor.com in Brownsville, TX. Ventilator care and in-house dialysis.
August 13, 2009, 08:48 AM
Carol Payne, LSW
I have a patient in hospital in Minneapolis MN and am looking to discharge him. He is on a vent and has dialyis. Does anyone know of an outpatient dialysis center in the Midwest that will take a vent or an snf that could take him and do the vent/dialyis? Thanks!
October 14, 2009, 05:02 PM
Doke
Carol,
Do you still need help with the patient in minneapolis? We take vent patients.
Thanks