VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Nursing Homes with Vents-Portable Vents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nursing Homes with Vents-Portable Vents
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My father in law is too old and ill and at my home no one is there for proper care for him So my husband told me to shift him to nursing home But i was scared whether they can properly care or proper attention is provided to him or not.. So many questions arise but as we both are working person so want to get solution So please suggest me some good nursing homes compare and regarding their services also..
Thanks in advance!
nursing home compare

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the administrator of a facility that accepts vent paitients located in Rock Isalnd Illionis. If you are interested ou may view our web site at rockislandhealthcare.com or call our admissions department at (309)788-0458 for more information. good luck to you

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i need to know if there is a nursing home in Florida that will accept my Dear Mother that is on a vent at Kindren. they say she is stable and they need to mover her out because of medicare. any help you can give is appriciated.
Thank you, Jill

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is good luck to you.I have been looking for a few weeks now for a facility for my husband.Nursing homes in Florida that accept vents are worse than a needle in a haystack.You also have to realize that a nursing home will not be covered by her Medicare.I work in a hospital and my director of case management told me today that she had to send a few vent patients to Chicago.For some reason it appears the few facilities I have found that take vents are all up north.Good luck and hope you find something soon.My advise is to force the case managers at Kindred to find a place for her.That is their job.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a web site "WWW.ACHA Nursing Home Guide Florida" You can define your search by location and needs. Mine was for Vent. There was a list of about 25 in Florida. Hope this helps your search.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC manager:
have you found what you needed? I am the Respiratory Manager for a new Long-Term care vent unit located in NC. We will be using LTV 900 ventilator. It is portable and can be used in transports if needed. We are still in the process of putting together policy & procedure. If we can help e-mail me

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC manager:
have you found what you needed? I am the Respiratory Manager for a new Long-Term care vent unit located in NC. We will be using LTV 900 ventilator. It is portable and can be used in transports if needed. We are still in the process of putting together policy & procedure. If we can help e-mail me

I am the nurse manager for a long term care vent unit in Georgia and may be moving to Charlotte NC, Where is your unit located?

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree 100% on the staffing issue. I think there needs to be a legal ratio of therapist per patient load. We need to get this passed nationally so if there is anyone out there that knows how to go about doing this please let me know and I'm on board.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post