VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Daughter on vent, trach and dialysis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter on vent, trach and dialysis
 Login/Join

posted
My daughter went into cardaic arrest 7 months ago and it took 11 tries to get an airway down her throat. She was in the hospital for three months in Tennessee and then sent to Life Care Center of Medina, OH because there was no place in TN that did dialysis on patients with a trach. She has come a long way since she has been at this nursing rehab center. When she went there, she didn't know where she was and couldn't sit up, talk or anything. Now she can sit up, walks with help, speech was pretty good, but now she has a lot of trouble talking. She can spell really well and remembers everything. She has been at the Life Care Center for 4 months. I stay at the super 8 motel there and stay with her all day at the center. They have a wonderful staff there and she gets rehab 5 days a week. I don't know how long she will be there, but I won't leave her as long as she is there. Hopefully she can be weaned off the trach and feeding tube soon and I can bring her home.

Brenda Lynn

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How far from tennessee is this my dad is in a unit in tennessee and we are probley going to have to find a place for him. He is on a vent and dialysis also.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a unit in Gilmer, Texas that accommodates patients who are on a ventilator and on dialysis.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gilmer Care Center's vent-dialysis and trach-dialysis programs are now in operation, and we are now accepting referrals for vent-dialysis and trach-dialysis patients. Our staff is American Heart Assocoation Healthcare CPR certified. Our skilled care providers are ACLS certified. Gilmer, Texas is conveniently located within a short distance of Tyler, Longview, and Shreveport, and within a few hours drive from both Dallas and Houston. Please contact us at (903) 843-5529 for more information.

Gilmer Care Center - http://www.gilmercarecenter.com

American Heart Assocoation Healthcare CPR Classes
East Texas CPR - http://www.easttexasheartcpr.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Gilmer, Texas | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post