VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Looking for vent humidifier with 8 hour reservoir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for vent humidifier with 8 hour reservoir
 Login/Join

posted
We have a six year old son who has recently had a trach. We have an LTV 950 vent, but the heater/humidifier lasts only 1.5 hours. This is not practical at night for working parents who need some sleep. Does anyone know of a larger capacity heater/humidifier compatible with this vent? Do any humidifiers have temperature feedback monitored from the patient end of the tubing? Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am not sure what brand of humidifier you are using. Ask your homecare provider if the system you are using has a continuous water-feed system available. You can also ask about the temp monitoring. Fisher & Paykel makes humidifiers that show airway temperature and they also have a chamber for their humidifiers that has a continuous water-feed system.

All my best,
Cyndy Miller RRT
Director of Clinical Education
Newport Medical Instruments
www.ventilators.com

Posts: 19 | Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What may help is a new product by Hudson RCI. It's called a ConchaTherm 2000. It's a heated humidifier system with a reusable humidifier chamber that's bigger than any I've seen. Typically, the vent humidifiers are of low volume since the vent needs to be checked periodically through the night. A larger humidifier will allow more rain out to occur in the tubing which can cause problems if neglected. Hope this helps.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Wes Nicholson, MHA>
posted
I would recommend the Puritan Bennett GoodKnight H2O Heated Humidifier as it last through the night and is very quiet. You can find one at Med1Online. See the ebay listing at ebay Item # 7500745332 or call 720-889-1591 ext.201 and ask for Wes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<biomed kyle>
posted
I wonder what humidifier you are using... if it's the old bear humidifier, it uses heat as a means to create humiditiy... newer humidifers use other technologies (ultrasound) to create the humidity... therefore using less water!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a LTV 950 and a Fisher-Paykel humidifier. I don't know the model right off the top of my head. This humidifier will last for about 10-16 hours depending on how full one fills the chamber, and how high the temperature is set. (I usually set mine between 34ºC and 36ºC.

Posts: 14 | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post