VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    placement for ventilator dialysis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

placement for ventilator dialysis
 Login/Join

posted
89 mother vent dependent for two years now requires dialysis-turned down by several facilities for home training and /or placement at Kindred in northern California. Is this age discrimination? I need help in finding a facility or a home dialysis other than Rock Island, I am a physician so I can learn the protocol fairly easily I've been told. Any ideas? Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you asked about peritoneal dialysis? I found that I could do it at home for my wife. The problems I ran in to was that Medicare approves and pays for it at home but they are slow on approving dialysis centers. I had to get to my congressmen's office to push Medicare's buttons. It took a lot of work and praying but it can be done.

Posts: 3 | Location: Montgomery Texas | Registered: August 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post