VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    What does a cough assist feel like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does a cough assist feel like?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I have a question for you all. Has anyone ever tried a cough assist machine on themselves? I use a ventilator, and I gotta tell you, I would LOVE to know what a cough assist device feels like. Thank you, and God Bless.

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I can't tell you what it feels like but i can tell you that my brother only used a cough assist machine. He was paralyzed from the neck down and was placed on a vent 5 years ago. He was placed in a spinal center and us as family members was shown how to use the machine correctly and it works very well for him. He says it doesnt hurt as bad because you dont actually have a suction tube going through your trach down to your lungs and it is very simple to use. I would suggest you try it, he seems to think its 100 times better then the suction caths.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE TO thank you very very much for your quick response. I really was NOT expecting such a quick response, but I gotta tell you, I am amazed and impressed. I would LOVE to try a cough assist. I HATE deep suctioning.

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post