VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Young Adult Vent Long Term Facilities or Group Homes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young Adult Vent Long Term Facilities or Group Homes
 Login/Join

posted
Our 22 year old son has been cared for at home his whole life but might require placement. We live in NJ currently but are willing to relocate to any state that has high-quality Long term care facilities or group homes that are suitable for a young man. We would very much like to hear about all options available.

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read your email and am so sorry about your situation. I work with a Private Duty Homecare Agency in Colorado and we have several vent patients at home with family. Let me know if this would be of interest to you and your family

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. We have been using home care agencies for many years through our private pay insurance which is provided through my employer and may be ending Jan 1.

The only alternate funding source available is medicaid/DDD which does not pay adequate nursing rates in our home state to provide reasonable nursing coverage. This may be possible in other locations such as yours. However our observation is that the cost of living in this area is too high for many nurses to want to work on high-tech cases for such low rates.

Do you know of many vent cases at home that can get 12-16 hours of coverage on medicaid/DDD rates? If not how are they managing?

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an excellent Facility in Rock castel,KY. It is connected(literally) to the Rock castle County Hospital. They have kids that go to school, vent and all. All they do is vents. Patients are from all over he US.

Posts: 6 | Location: Southern parts of Ohio | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post