VentWorld
Vent Dialysis In Nursing Home

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8706082361/m/784100723

October 02, 2011, 01:33 AM
sandiego
Vent Dialysis In Nursing Home
what is the name of the nursing home?? I am in the field and from time to time i look for facilities like this for my patients.
quote:
Originally posted by eddiec:
There is a Nusing Home in Brownsville, Texas that has begun doing in house dialysis and it's one of only a few homes in Texas that accepts vent residents.

December 04, 2012, 12:34 PM
Kyle Morse RT
Gilmer Care Center is a long term rehabiliation facility specilizing in ventilator and dyalisis patients. Below is our contact information for anyone needing our services.

Gilmer Care Center
703 North Titus
Gilmer, Texas
903-843-5529

East Texas CPR - www.easttexasheartcpr.org

www.easttexasheartcpr.org
August 05, 2013, 03:34 PM
jakenny
My mother had some strokes in December 2012, and has been hospitalized ever since. It's now over 7 months, and I am at my wits end! She has a trache because one of the strokes affected her ability to swallow and breathe. Her kidneys starting shutting down, so now she needs dialysis too. She was in an LTAC facility, but they sent her back to the hospital to have the trache revised, because after 6 months they realized it was in the wrong place! Now the trache has been revised, and the hospital is telling us her Medicare benefits have been all used up, and she needs to go. The only facility that will take her is that place in Brownsville, TX. I am not willing to send her to TX! There has got to be another solution! This can't possibly be the first time that has happened in the history of NM! I found a local nursing home that will take her with the trache, but they don't do on-site dialysis. The local dialysis clinics won't take her with the trache. This is ridiculous! She's completely alert and aware of her surroundings. She just can't speak because of the trache. Ahhhhh! but Dad and I have seen an improvement. She is able to swallow now, and we heard a little voice the other day. But the doctors don't care! The case worker just rolls her eyes at us. Where is the empathy! God help them if their loved one is ever in a similar situation! How is this possible in this day and age, that there is no facility "sophisticated" enough to handle these two conditions??? NM is not a third-world country. We are part of the USA. I am beyond stressed, beyond overwhelmed, I am falling apart. PLEASE HELP!

jakenny
November 05, 2013, 09:18 AM
Valley Grande Manor
We are Valley Grande Manor in Brownsville. We provide LONG-TERM care for ventilator/trach patients and do IN-HOUSE Dialysis. We accept MEDICARE, MEDICAID, PRIVATE INSURANCE and self-pay.

We even contract with hospitals for patients who are Texas Medicaid-Pending.
Our telephone # is 956-546-4568; fax # is 056-504-5631.

We welcome your inquiries, whether you are family or Hospital staff.
Paul Pineda, Administrator
November 13, 2013, 07:45 AM
Valley Grande Manor
At Valley Grande invite any and all questions, comments,inquiries regarding our facility, our program and anything related to having your loved one here.

During the referral and application,I spend time with families on any concerns they may have. Things, like where is the nearest airport?, hotel?, visiting hours, etc.

We also talk about the real and messy questions about dialysis patients. Does your loved one have a funeral plan; does it include transfer of the body back to their home town. If the patient is both ventilator/trach and dialysis, will we wean them off of the vent/trach; and will Medicaid pay for them to return home.

All those questions are dealt with, and dealt with openly because families, patients deserve the truth.

We are here to help.

Paul Pineda,
Administrator
November 18, 2013, 07:09 AM
Valley Grande Manor
I have recently become involved in this dialog. As an Administrator of a Vent/Dialysis Nursing Home, I would like to hear from Patients, Family Members and Healthcare Professionals who have experience, need or interest in this topic.