VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Vent Dialysis In Nursing Home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vent Dialysis In Nursing Home
 Login/Join

posted
There is a Nusing Home in Brownsville, Texas that has begun doing in house dialysis and it's one of only a few homes in Texas that accepts vent residents.

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me the name of the nursing home ? My father is a on a vent and requires dyalysis. He is currently in a LTAC facility and we are running out of options. Home care does not appear to be feasible.

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning- We are Rock Island Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, we are a skilled nursing faciltiy located in Rock Island Illinois. Our facility accepts ventilator and dialysis paitients. If you would like more information on our services please visit our web site at www.rockislandhealthcare.com or call me at (309)788-0458. Good luck in your search
Dawn May
Administrator
Rock Island Nursing and Reahbilitation center

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
I am guessing it is Valley Grande Manor.

Good luck.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father is currently in an LTAC facility in Rome, GA and we're being told constantly that is stay there has expired. He is a dialysis patient, vent & feeding tube. We're being told that there is not a place in GA. that he can transfer to and that he will have to be moved out of state. My parents are elderly and the last thing I want is for them to have to move miles away from me. We are being encouraged by the Dr. to take my dad home with hospice to die. We are not doing that!!! Isn't it terrible when you live in a world, that would rather send you off to die then find a place for you to live a semi normal life close to your loved ones. My mother and I are uncertain of our options and are having a hard time trusting the people in charge that are just wanting to get rid of my father. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The vent, dialysis seems to be the big issue here.

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I manage a facility in Rock Island illinois that accepts ventialtor and dialysis residents. It id very difficult to find placement for individules who need this type of care as there are very few providers. I know that we are far away however if we can be of any assistance to you please feel free to call us at (309)788-0458 or visit our web site at rockislandhealthcare.com good luck in your search.

posted Hide Post
My Mother is currenty at an LTAC in Dallas, Texas, she is on Mechanical Ventilation and on Dialysis. We were told that she needs to go to a Nursing Home that accepts Patients thats on both the Ventilator and Dialysis or to let her die. The only real, Human choice is to find a Nursing Home that will accept her. I would prefer to stay in Texas, but i'm willing to go anywhere, I belive that she can be weaned from mechanical ventilation, leaving only the Dialysis. She also needs wound care and she has some infections.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock Island Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Rock Island Illinois. We are a facility that accepts ventilator and dialysis paitients from all over the country. We have an active weaning program and have been sucessful in transitioning paitients off the ventilator and back to their home states. If you are intersted in our services please contact us at (309)788-0458 or visit our web site at www.rockislandhealthcare.com good luck to you and your family

posted Hide Post
hello, my name is Dawn May I am the administrator at Rock Island Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Rock Island Illinois. I operate a vent dialysis facility that cares for residents such as your mother. We offer an active weening program and bedside diaysis services. If you would like infomration on our services please visit our web site at www.rockislandhealthcare.com or call me at (309)788-0458. Good luck to you and your family during this time of need

posted Hide Post
the number of patients who are vent-dependent and dialysis are growing...unfortunately there are very limited places where patient can go after their LTAC stay. LTAC cannot keep patient who are vent/dialysis for a very long time, they have to be move to a nursing home/long-term placement. because some States does not have this type of nursing home services, families are left to choose between keeping their loved ones under hospice and be prepared to say your goodbyes OR send the patient to wherever there is a nursing home that provides both vent/dialysis even if it is out of state, because let's admit it, that will be patients status for a very long time if not forever. Its not the LTAC's intention to just move patients out of state but its because that's the only option they have. If your State has nursing homes that offer both Vent/dialysis you are in luck, but if not, you have no other choice but to have them outside of your state where there is that intensity of service. the other option is for family to take the patient home and be the main provider of care for the patient. But even with that, because of the coplexity of care needed, that's like imposible to accomplish. I feel sorry for the family to have to go through this, but in my personal opinion, If i am the patient, and all weaning and trials have been done, with no success, i wouldnt want to go on living like that, vent/dialysis....because i am not living at all anymore. its the machines that are keeping me alive. just my thought.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post