VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Need immediate HELP!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need immediate HELP!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
My son turns 21 at the end of August and will lose his current funding source. There are no adult waivers or funding that would provide him with the same level of support he has now. Trying to get info to prove that he would NOT be safe in a skilled nursing facility or nursing home. I found a web site where I can look up the name of a home to find out their staffing levels, ratios, violations, etc. but I have to know the name of the homes first. When I do search for homes the results are not specific to ones that can handle complex ventilator care. The state of Illinois wants the cheapest plan for my son which means without proper documentation they will only provide him with minimal funding for nursing care in our home. He currently has 114 hours per week and 336 respite care hours per year. The state is saying the adult program only allows for about 30-40 hours per week - more if we use non-skilled people. The state wants to find the cheapest way to care for him and if that is a nursing home then I must have proof that the staffing ratios will not be adequate for him. Plus there are no facilities anywhere close to where we live so he would have to leave his community, his friends, his family, his job, etc. He is very social, wants to continue living at home and just because he has a birthday his life is being turned upside down. If you know of facilities that take patients 21 years of age or older with complex ventilator care and what level of staff and their ratios please respond. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been through this same problem. I had to sue the state. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...e#Activism_Successes

Please email me ASAP so I can help campaign for you.

Nick
nick@nickscrusade.org

Posts: 2 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been through this same problem. I had to sue the state. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...e#Activism_Successes

Please email me ASAP so I can help campaign for you.

Nick

Posts: 2 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lucia,

I don't know if this will help you, but I live
in California and there is a Congregate Care
Facility in Northridge Cal, that is in a Residential Home that provides Sub-Acute
level care under a waiver program called IHO
In Home Operations for Medi-cal Recipents,
under licensing they are considered one-level
above a skilled and one level below an acute
care facility the ratios is two caregivers per 6 pts,the home is licensed for 6 pts.Currently
they have one male pt with a vent 18yrs old they encourage independence and schooling for there residents if you are interested my name
is Julie Honeyman and I am the pt care coordinator for Gateway Home you can contact
me at 661 886-8441 for any Questions.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post