VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    portable vent for 2 1/2 year old beginning to walk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

portable vent for 2 1/2 year old beginning to walk
 Login/Join

posted
Any information I can get on getting a more portable smaller vent for one of my patients. She will be getting braces and a mobile stander as well as a gait trainer and it is very difficult helping her with the very inconvenient vent she has. The DME provider in her area said they don't have anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated. P.S. I am her physical therapist.

Posts: 1 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, Fl | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I suggest checking out our Newport HT50 Ventilator. It is lightweight and has an internal battery (standard) that will run the ventilator for up to 10 hours. The battery charges from either AC or DC while the ventilator is in use so it virtually eliminates the need for any external batteries. It is a very portable system.

If you are interested, please contact me at cmiller@nmitkb.com and I will answer your clinical questions regarding the use of this ventilator on a 2 1/2 year old child.

All my best,

Cyndy Miller RRT
Director of Clinical Education
Newport Medical
www.newportnmi.com

Posts: 19 | Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I manage a home care program in the southwest, one of the largest in the country. There are other ventilators that are portable, one even has a backpack that the vent slips into. It is hte LTV series, as well as the ivent and the acheiva. If you have any question please respond via the bulletin board, or my e-mail. Thanks and best of luck in all that you do for your clients.

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Lori CRT>
posted
The LTV is a nice vent for children of an age. It is a light weight ventilator, that does have the options to purchase a backpack or longer shoulder strap so that the caregiver working with the child can concentrate on the child's activity or therapies and not worry if the vent tubing is going to limit the distance they can go. There is also a new battery that fits in the backpack. This makes portablity even greater. Contact PulmoneticSystems and ask to speak to speak with the rep who covers your area.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post