VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Ventilator facility in East Texas
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ventilator facility in East Texas
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
FYI -

Harbour View in League City no longer has a vent unit. Not since Hurricane Ike. My mother is in an LTAC in Houston and is considered vent-dependent. Even though she is not on the vent at this moment (as far as I know) they say she needs to have one on standby. They are attempting to discharge her and say she needs to go to a SNF with a vent unit. Her insurance would likely cover the costs for what remains of her life. There are no such places anywhere near Houston that I am aware of and I simply CANNOT send her away to San Antonio. We would never see her again and her anxiety level would most certainly exacerbate her condition irreparably. The only other option they have given us is NOT AN OPTION. That is, to take her home and pay for home health care herself. We are not wealthy and her home is in disrepair because of the hurricane. There are no family members able to provide round the clock care as there simply are too few of us. I am living in a small apartment and am dealing with joblessness due to the economy. I am nearing a complete meltdown. If anyone knows of something near Houston, please please please let me know.

Dave M

Posts: 1 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the Admissions Coordinator at Graham Oaks Care Center. Although we are not in East Texas WE also accept vent pt requiring longterm management. We also obtain orders for weening trials as appropriate. If anyone is aware of all of the vent facilities that are longterm and not LTAC please let me know. I do get asked frequently from some hospitals when trying to find longterm placement when families are not wanting to relocate.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard from my dad's LTAC case manager that Spanish Meadows Skilled Nursing & Rehab in Katy (1480 Katy Flewellen Rd, Katy, TX 77494) has recently added a vent program. She said that since they were just starting the program, they wouldn't accept patients for weaning, only patients that planned to stay on the vent. Hopefully this will give Houston-area families an option other than Meridian (San Antonio) or Willowbrook (Nacogdoches).

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a list of locations I am aware of...

Spanish Meadows Houston, TX
Community Care Center Garland TX
Trinity Rehab & Retirement San Augustine TX
Meridian Healthcare San Antonio TX
Valley Grande Manor Brownsville TX
Southern Specialty Rehab & Nursing Lubbock TX
Graham Oaks Care Center Graham TX
Crestcare Nursing & Rehab Gladewater TX
Colonial Belle Nrsg Home Bellville TX
"Texas Neuro Rehab Center
(Assist Lvg & hospital)" Austin TX

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mel. Anyone else that might have simialr data for other states please post. There is a need for this type of info in many places.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock Island Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Rock Island Illinois is a vent facility that also offers in house dialysis. The facility contact number is (309)788-0458.

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Work at a ventilator unit in Gilmer, Texas Our Don started the vent unit at crest care and I managed the vent unit at crest care we are definately closer to Tyler than crest care. If your interested in touring our unit call 903-843-5529 ask for Cheryl or Rocky

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gilmer Care Center in Gilmer Tx near Tyler has a ventilator unit and will be starting in house Dialysis toward the end of April 2011.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can add Gilmer Care Center in Gilmer Tx. to your list of LTC Vent facilities and we will be starting in house Dialysis in late April 2011
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
This is a list of locations I am aware of...

Spanish Meadows Houston, TX
Community Care Center Garland TX
Trinity Rehab & Retirement San Augustine TX
Meridian Healthcare San Antonio TX
Valley Grande Manor Brownsville TX
Southern Specialty Rehab & Nursing Lubbock TX
Graham Oaks Care Center Graham TX
Crestcare Nursing & Rehab Gladewater TX
Colonial Belle Nrsg Home Bellville TX
"Texas Neuro Rehab Center
(Assist Lvg & hospital)" Austin TX

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAWHITE:
quote:
Originally posted by Shelley:
My mom has a trach and is on the vent in an LTAC and we are looking for a rehabilitation facility near Tyler Texas that accepts ventilator patients. I know of Crest Care in Longview but was hoping there was one in Tyler. Does anyone know? Please e-mail sr_setliff@comcast.net

There are no facilites in Tyler. Crestcare is really the closest. The next closet would be in Garland outside of Dallas.

There is a excellent facility in GIlmer texas which is a little closer to Tyler than Longview

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post