VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Ventilator facility in East Texas
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ventilator facility in East Texas
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
GIlmer Texas has an excellent Vent,and soon Vent dialysis unit.
quote:
Originally posted by GaryMefford:
Thanks Mel. Anyone else that might have simialr data for other states please post. There is a need for this type of info in many places.

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock Island Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, located in Rock Island Illinois. accepts ventilator patients and offers bed side dialysis services. Please visit our web site at www.rockislandhealthcare.com for more information on our service

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
This is a list of locations I am aware of...

Spanish Meadows Houston, TX
Community Care Center Garland TX
Trinity Rehab & Retirement San Augustine TX
Meridian Healthcare San Antonio TX
Valley Grande Manor Brownsville TX
Southern Specialty Rehab & Nursing Lubbock TX
Graham Oaks Care Center Graham TX
Crestcare Nursing & Rehab Longview TX
Colonial Belle Nrsg Home Bellville TX
"Texas Neuro Rehab Center
(Assist Lvg & hospital)" Austin TX

Posts: 2 | Location: longview texas | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crest care:Crest Care is full but has expanded we now have more rooms which are all private rooms, to our step down unit. We have added a new pulmo. Doc which rounds with our RTs and follows with the weaning process which has been successful on all fronts.
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
This is a list of locations I am aware of...

Spanish Meadows Houston, TX
Community Care Center Garland TX
Trinity Rehab & Retirement San Augustine TX
Meridian Healthcare San Antonio TX
Valley Grande Manor Brownsville TX
Southern Specialty Rehab & Nursing Lubbock TX
Graham Oaks Care Center Graham TX
Crestcare Nursing & Rehab Longview TX
Colonial Belle Nrsg Home Bellville TX
"Texas Neuro Rehab Center
(Assist Lvg & hospital)" Austin TX

Posts: 2 | Location: longview texas | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that the long-term ventilator unit in Nacogdoches is still operating (in Willowbrook Nursing and Rehab). Another one near Dallas is at Heritage Manager in Plano. These two are operated and staffed by a long-term respiratory company that sets the standards in the field. Another unit operates in San Augustine, but they are owned by a very frugal company. I would steer clear of them.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Azalea Place in Tyler, TX is now taking vents. Just FYI.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Azalea Place is now taking ventilator and tracheotomy patients. call Rick at 902-253-8574 with any questions and referrals.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned Crest Care in Longview, Texas. I would advise anyone considering this facility to realize you will have to be there every day, all day if you can, to protect your loved one. This facility has had 4 DON's in the past 3 years for sure, 3 Administrators for sure and lots of staff turnover. There is a reason. I would check the mortality rate too. Should be on the "worst nursing home" list. Options are limited for vent patients I know but look at all your options.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RegRespTherapist:
I know that the long-term ventilator unit in Nacogdoches is still operating (in Willowbrook Nursing and Rehab). Another one near Dallas is at Heritage Manager in Plano. These two are operated and staffed by a long-term respiratory company that sets the standards in the field. Another unit operates in San Augustine, but they are owned by a very frugal company. I would steer clear of them.
Trinty Nursing in San Augustine, Texas was bought out in Nov. 2011 by Daybreak Venture. They have came in and made updates to the facility which has been for good for the residents and staff alike. We have a 20 bed vent unit that staffs respiratory care providers 24 hours a day. We would like to invite everyone to come in and take a tour and meet out staff.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gilmer Care Center's vent-dialysis and trach-dialysis programs are now in operation, and we are now accepting referrals for vent-dialysis and trach-dialysis patients. Our staff is American Heart Assocoation Healthcare CPR certified. Our skilled care providers are ACLS certified. Gilmer, Texas is conveniently located within a short distance of Tyler, Longview, and Shreveport, and within a few hours drive from both Dallas and Houston. Please contact us at (903) 843-5529 for more information.

Gilmer Care Center - http://www.gilmercarecenter.com

American Heart Assocoation Healthcare CPR Classes
East Texas CPR - http://www.easttexasheartcpr.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Gilmer, Texas | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post