VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Ventilator facility in East Texas
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ventilator facility in East Texas
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As a case manager discharge planner in the LTAC setting I am frequently placing ventilator dependent patients in the community.

Two more for the list are:
The Homestead of Denison, just north of Dallas
The Courtyards of Fort Worth
Both have ventilator units with RRTs

Advanced Health & Rehab in Garland is not accepting new patients.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking for a skilled nursing facility for my dad who is on a ventiltor. Looking nearest to Dallas as possible. Any recommendatios are greatly appreciated

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for information about any LTC in Texas that accepts vent patients. Are there any that accept children on Vents?

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
For kids as far as I know Our Children's House https://www.childrens.com/specialties-services/och and Graham Oaks has vent beds for adults.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone!
My name is Robin and I'm the Liaison for Graham Oaks Care and Rehab center in Graham Tx. I wanted to inform you all that we are a full ventilator unit in Texas as well, and have a very good care success rate! We get many referrals from Tyler, Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth and around the state. Please call me if you should have any questions. Thank you!
Robin Breeden
Graham Oaks Care and Rehab center
940-282-0122

Posts: 1 | Location: Graham TX | Registered: November 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work at Kindred in Dallas and my social worker and a rep from a DME company that only use the Trilogy both told me there are only 2 long term ventilator facilities: Denison and Brownsville. I find this hard to believe. What about the facility in Graham? Is it long-term?

Posts: 2 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: January 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Graham Oaks Care Center is a Long term ventilator facility.
Robin Breeden
940-282-0122

Posts: 4 | Location: Graham Tx | Registered: January 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!! I’ll let my social worker and others know. Thank you!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: January 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts: 1 | Location: Graham TX | Registered: November 20, 2017

Anyone looking to pass the tmc exam I know a great website they have an ebook unlike none other. I passed my exam with no problem and most of the questions in this ebook will be on the exam. If you know anyone struggling to pass the tmc refer them to respiratoryteachercom to order the ebook.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrumps:
quote:
Originally posted by sw:
These are the vent nursing home facilties in Texas that I am aware of. If anyone has a more updated list, PLEASE SHARE!

Colonial Belle-Bellville
Southern Specialty-Lubbock
Meridian Healthcare-San Antonio
Community Care Center-Garland
Valley Grande Manor-Brownsville
Bueno Vista-San Antonio
Harbour View-League City
Mayfield Care Center-San Antonio

The above homes are not vent certified with the required RT's and RRT's. All homes can take a few vent residents, but not be a vent certified home to take more than five on vents. As a former Licensed Social Worker and a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, I know something about this. Community Care Center of Garland has a vent unit with about 60 available beds and is staffed with RT's who do a fantastic job. Administration is the main problem. Bottom line is the main objective regardless of the impact on the residents. Longview, in my opinion, is the best.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lubbock Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post