VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  Vent Users and Families    Daughter looking for help for mother!!! Please help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter looking for help for mother!!! Please help!
 Login/Join

posted
My mother has been on dialysis for the last ffour years, and has for the last year and a half been hospitalized because of complications with a heart valve replacement. To the point where she has had a tracheostomy put in, though she is still sedated. The hospital wants to transfer her to a long-term care facility, but there are none in Indiana that will take her because she has run out of medicare days.
As her power of attorney, I was given two options: either they put her in hospice care and let her die peacefully, or they put in a referral to Glenshire nursing home. That place is awful- beyond awful, and I would only be worsening her condition there, but my mother isn't even 40 years old- I'm not giving up on her yet! The social worker agreed that if I found a place that would accept her as a vent/dialysis patient, and takes medicaid, they would gladly put in a referral. Is there anywhere in the midwestern area that would be good for my mom? I don't know where else to turn!

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email me for a place in the midwest.

Posts: 7 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: October 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post