VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  The Water Cooler    Old hands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old hands
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoRRT:
I have been in the field for close to thiry years.
Are there any other old hands out there?

Graduated from Malcolm X, worked at Mount Sinai,
U of I, Cook, Pres. and others.
Gerald

Posts: 3 | Location: LA, CA USA | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started in 77, the good ole' days of IPPB and USN. While nothing works for everybody, some things still have viability for some persons.
To any newbies: functions with the basics that way no vent is "new"

GRZ

Posts: 3 | Location: LA, CA USA | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of haroldh
posted Hide Post
rt since 1989 many hospitals in florida and new york nicu mostly and now and rt plus rn(nicu) since 2003.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
33 years and still huffing.
Former Paramedic, challanged CRTT in 1974, Biosystems/CCHS grad in '88
Still love what I do

Posts: 4 | Location: North Central Texas | Registered: April 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr j f rana
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill C:
32 years total and 25 out of school. I'm a second generation RT brat. I guess I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.[/QUOTE
yeah thats call destiny!
experiences are different when you are saving lives of others

j f rana

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graduated in 1981...you do the math. Never thought I'd be in it this long and wish I wasn't. Medicine is not what it use to be...just glad I'm not on the receiving end.

Posts: 6 | Location: Southern parts of Ohio | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wally Smith
posted Hide Post
36 years

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just celebrated 19 years. Worked in Roanoke, Indianapolis, Denver, Maui, Charlottesville, Boca Raton and Naples. Worked with 23 weekers to 100+ years. Love sucking snot I guess...

Posts: 13 | Location: Roanoke, Va | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of premiepower
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yomonk1:
Just celebrated 19 years. Worked in Roanoke, Indianapolis, Denver, Maui, Charlottesville, Boca Raton and Naples. Worked with 23 weekers to 100+ years. Love sucking snot I guess...

Hi there. I am an RN and worked in the NICU in Roanoke for several years before moving to Wilmington, NC. I'm now in a NICU here but also doing Home Health with a vent dependent child. She is on an LTV 950 and I was very interested in the thread on giving nebulizer treatments in line. She is on Albuterol q6h and Pulmocort q12h. I too feel like the nebulizers just spray liquid down her trach. I was wondering if you thought she would do better with the MDI. It makes perfect sense to me as I believe the med gets diluted with the humidity. We have been just disconnecting the inhalation tube from the y and putting it inline so she doesn't miss a breath. The pressure doesn't seem to affect her so much. What would be your recommendation?
Nice to see someone from Roanoke on here.

Posts: 1 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow Noker, you probably wouldn't recognize NICU here anymore. Re-consolidated back at RMH again and now a 5 pod, 60 bed NICU. Quite different.
Several trains of thought here, my personal feeling is that MDIs will give such a small, negligible dose to the airway, given flow variables and ever diminishing diameter of particle travel. Ultimately, the best bet would be to use an electronic mist generator such as the Aeroneb, but who's gonna shell out that kind of money. Best particle deposition would most likely be with a neb in this situation but I think there's plenty of pros and cons to both.
Food for thought.

Posts: 13 | Location: Roanoke, Va | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post