VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  The Water Cooler    Old hands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old hands
 Login/Join

Picture of light
posted Hide Post
Here is some readings that you might want to go look up. There are many others but you might start with these. The SVN vs MDI inline with a vent is a interesting topic that from what I know dose effect is not really a question. Most of what I have seen is that the MDI is just as effective in drug delivery. The question becomes which one provides a lower risk (infection) for the patient and how many puffs do you give.

1) Dhand R. Duarte AG. Jubran A. Jenne JW. Fink JB. Fahey PJ. Tobin MJ. Dose-response to bronchodilator delivered by metered-dose inhaler in ventilator-supported patients. [Comparative Study. Journal Article. Research Support, U.S. Gov't, Non-P.H.S.] American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. 154(2 Pt 1):388-93, 1996 Aug.

2) Chatmongkolchart S. Schettino GP. Dillman C. Kacmarek RM. Hess DR. In vitro evaluation of aerosol bronchodilator delivery during noninvasive positive pressure ventilation: effect of ventilator settings and nebulizer position. [Evaluation Studies. In Vitro. Journal Article. Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't] Critical Care Medicine. 30(11):2515-9, 2002 Nov.

3) O'Doherty MJ. Thomas SH. Page CJ. Treacher DF. Nunan TO. Delivery of a nebulized aerosol to a lung model during mechanical ventilation. Effect of ventilator settings and nebulizer type, position, and volume of fill. [Journal Article. Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't] American Review of Respiratory Disease. 146(2):383-8, 1992 Aug.
UI: 1489128

4) Wildhaber JH. Hayden MJ. Dore ND. Devadason SG. LeSouef PN. Salbutamol delivery from a hydrofluoroalkane pressurized metered-dose inhaler in pediatric ventilator circuits: an in vitro study. [Comparative Study. Journal Article] Chest. 113(1):186-91, 1998 Jan.

5)Dhand R. Jubran A. Tobin MJ. Bronchodilator delivery by metered-dose inhaler in ventilator-supported patients. [Journal Article. Research Support, U.S. Gov't, Non-P.H.S.] American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. 151(6):1827-33, 1995 Jun.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
34 years, last 18 in the classroom

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monja:
Nice to see so many still going strong in this field.

For someone who is aspiring to be an RT do you have any suggestions or advice about the field. I posted on the other board (RC Professionals).

Thanks,
monja

glad to see u,
I hope have apartment with u some next day

Posts: 1 | Location: Uk | Registered: March 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post