VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  The Water Cooler    Draeger and Siemens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Draeger and Siemens
 Login/Join

VentWorld Manager
posted
As many of you know, Siemens and Draeger worked out a deal of some kind at the end of May (click here for the press release).

Both companies have been tight-lipped about what the impact of this means, particularly related to each manufacturer's future products. Anyone care to speculate?

-jonathan

Posts: 34 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think in "old europe" we have a bit more info...
It more and more looks like that Siemens grabs Dräger and not opposite, as Dräger starts kicking out Employes in some Areas of Germany.
No Idea what the Strategy will be and no Comments from both Sides. Looks like everyone is a bit nervous before the Antitrust-EC-Council have decide to allow the Merger

Posts: 4 | Location: Oberhausen Germany | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that the Siemens ventilator products are for sale. I think I read that in a business alert on yahoo. I was told that by a Siemens employee as well. I believe in Europe that the Siemens rep. sells monitors as well where in the US, there are 2 different sales forces. The combining of the monitoring division in the US with Drager is more compatible that it would be in Europe. It may be that Siemens is controlling the merger in Europe and will control the representation.

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Siemens is selling off the ventilator side to maquet. Siemens will continue to sell anesthesia equipment,cath lab,x-ray and ct systems. Drager was not allowed to buy Siemens vent side due to it would have created a monopoly in europe.

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drager has sold Seimens Life support systems to Getinge and has marketed it under Maquet. Gentinge has never been been in the ventilation business and purchsed LFS to inhance the OR/Anesthesia product line Vents are not there primary concern.

a mechanical ventilation genius

Posts: 20 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To correct the comment made by Chris, Draeger never owned Siemens Life Support Division. So therfor they could never sell it to Getinge. Siemens LLS division was merged with Dreager to form Dreager Medical ( A Siemens - Dreager Company). However the Servo product line was not included in the sale due to monopoly conserns in the mecahnical ventilation business in Europe. Siemens had to divest the Servo product in order to do the merger with Dreager.
so to correct the misinformation is that Siemens sold the Servo line to Getinge.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post