VentWorld
PAV on the 840

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/4931054972

November 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
KHRT
PAV on the 840
Is anyone using the new proportional assist upgrade on the PB 840. I'm curious if it works as advertised
November 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
FIN
Hi:
I posted some stuff a while back. Been using PAV for over a year now. I think its great, others are not so inclined. I dont know how it is advertised. I find it responsive to the patient, it does do a short breath hold which I personally found uncomfortable. It is only .3 ms but im a whimp. Once established it really is only weaning a percentage of PAV, the patient looks comfortable to me.
November 26, 2006, 12:57 AM
JeffWhitnack
Since you have PAV available. If you get the time could you try breathing through the circuit yourself, (perhaps with an ET tube connected to a mouthpiece?). Which is more comfortable---breathing with it set to provide 100% support for both Resistance and Compliance (forget what they are called) and set for 0% or the minimum. Which is more comfortable?

Could one just setup a patient on PAV to 100% and view this as a better version of a "stable non-fatiguing mode" which allows for spontaneous breathing? And then just do the daily SBT? I fear people will use PAV to revert back to old SIMV "weaning" habits and start turning down the R&C support per centages.