VentWorld
Anyone Using/Evaluating the GE Carestation?

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/555103935

January 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
WadeV
Anyone Using/Evaluating the GE Carestation?
We are currently evaluating new ventilators. We are using Servo I and PB-840. Looking at the Carestation at the AARC, I was interested in the patient info monitoring.

Could anyone, please provide bedside feedback including pros and cons and what would you change about it.

Pros: Metabolic cart, FRC volume and lung recruitment measurements, Aerogen built-in, low cost maintenance, all current modes of ventilation including Bilevel (APRV), capnography (VC02), SBT settings with alarms

Cons: Needs a touch screen and accessing the several different menus could be more user friendly

Change: Touch screen
January 21, 2010, 06:57 PM
vas
Dude check out the hamilton G5....you will be impressed
February 06, 2010, 03:09 PM
AG in Tyler
We were really impressed with the G5, just wished we could afford them. I'm still deciding, leaning towards the AVEA, any thoughts???
February 18, 2011, 01:37 AM
Cpap
What is the experience on the Exhaled Tidal Volumes ? The Exhaled Tidal Volumes reading in Comparisom to the Inspiratory Tidal Volume ? Do you see these Volumes always Low ?
Do you see These Volumes always Equal ? Do you see The Exhaled Volumes always Higher than The Inspired tidal Volume on The GE Careststion ?
Thanks
April 05, 2011, 06:55 PM
gklein
Do not recommend them. We purchased 10+ and now they are sitting in stores collecting dust. RTs sidestep these ventilators and will always chose the AVEA or SERVO I instead. Major problem: the exhaled tidal volume reads higher than inhaled volumes.GE was in denial for about 18 months. They said they came up with a fix but these ventilators are not user friendly and it is difficult to find menus. Too many sub menus to access.The type is also very small and the screens are tooo.... busy. They were purchased for PICU but are avoided by PICU, and have never been used in the NICU. Good luck!
January 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
abel
Every kind of ventilator has its own speciality, the difference is the one using it