VentWorld
Transport vents

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/8951068061

October 12, 2005, 09:37 PM
<shauna rice>
Transport vents
In reply to the comment on the pneumatically powered vent that the US military uses, that would be the iVent. I can provide a copies of their study on multiple transport vents for anyone interested. The iVent 201 is an oxygen conserving device-I used the vent at UNC in NC, where a long road trip meant multiple tank changes, before we got the iVent

Shauna Rice srice@versamed.net
RRT, RCP
November 28, 2005, 05:02 AM
<bagladasi>
I don't know much about the army's pneumatic vents. but the air force uses the impact eagle 754 for all/most trasnports in and out of house. in fact it's the vent they are using to transport dependant patients from iraq to germany and so on.
December 31, 2005, 05:24 AM
<birdogrrt>
Try Smiths-Medical, for a nice variety of field vents, military, MRI, etc.
http://www.smiths-medical.com
January 05, 2006, 10:11 PM
<Renton>
The best transport vent that you can buy right now (in the province of Québec, Canada; sorry if this does not help...) is the Pulmonetic LTV 1000. I know, it is only a 3rd generation ventilator based on a flow generating system an does not have advance modes. Still, with the view screen, it is as efficient as the PB-7200 or the Infrasonic Adult-Star, which is pretty good if you look at the cost of the machine, and it's size and weith.

Plus, I have used it for ambulance transport, emergency room and home care uses, and it holds up to the challenge. But don't use a cell phone around it!!! Our EMTs cary cell phones... The microprocesor for the flow and time do not like it!!

Roger J.Bellerose, inh (RRT)
Ste-agathe primary care hospital
Collège de Rosemont
January 11, 2006, 04:52 PM
<Michael>
Does anybody know if allegiance has a circuit that can be used with the eagle 754 for neonate patients?
May 04, 2006, 05:58 AM
venticare
Check this -----www.impactimstrumentations.com Impact instrumentations - Uni-vent 754 model. its USA based company.