VentWorld
Who uses Evita XL's oxygen therapy feature?

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/97620339073

January 29, 2013, 05:08 PM
EvitaXL
Who uses Evita XL's oxygen therapy feature?
Hello. I have a question.

On the Evita XL oventilator by Drager there is a function called "Oxygen therapy." To access it you verify the ventilator is in standby. You will touch the label "Oxygen Therapy." Now you have a way to start it or turn it off as well as a way to increase flow/decrease flow and FiO2%. I have a question. Who uses it and haw good is it?? Is it good for spontaneous breathing trials with a T-Piece? Although, most hospitals now days are turning to the ventilator for SBTs in the reason that with a T-Piece you don't have alarms and if you simply use PSV+PEEP you can add 5 of PEEP and around 7 of PS which would set the PS at 2 on most vents because PSV on most vents is added to PEEP PSV+PEEP. I'm curious tosee how many people use O2 Therapy feature on the Evita XL. Thank you, and God bless.
January 19, 2014, 08:59 AM
clist4000
I've used it for high flow nasal cannily and trach collar as well. There are vendors out there with large bored nasal cannula that can be connected to vent Y-piece. I use them for those need high oxygen with a lot of secretion, if I put a non-rebreather on, pt can't cough out much.
For trach collar, I just use a short corrugated tubing connecting to trach collar for those that only last 30-45min and have to go back on the vent.