VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Using LTV 1200 as BiPAP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using LTV 1200 as BiPAP
 Login/Join

posted
This is for any LTV 1200 experts out there.

We recently received 2 new LTV 1200s and are working on a Work Instruction to use the vent as a BiPAP. We know how to set the BiPAP up, but we are wondering about some added features.

Here are our questions:

1. RISE TIME: How do you determine where to set this? What is a good Profile to start at? When would it be ideal to increase or decrease this?

2. FLOW TERM: When should this be used? If it is used, what is a good starting point? When should it be increased or decreased?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surfing the net, I answered my own question:
http://www.pulmonetic.com/support/support_clinical.aspx?712897232

Picture of Renton
posted Hide Post
I have not used the 1200 a lot (see previous topic). But I have been using the 900 and 1000 for a number of years.

1-If you are satisfied with the non-invasive feature of the LTV series, please tell me (it failed miserably every time I used it). Personnaly, I blame the turbine technology not working fast enough.
2-As far as Rise time and flow term are concern, I have personnal opinions, but there are some studies. Here's one: Critical Care Medecine; 2003; 31 (11); 2604-2610
3-Rise time: essentialy, I just ask the patient if I really need to. Usually, I start at Profile 4.
4-Flow term: It is not a mather of using it or not; it is how the vent cycles (goes from inspiration to expiration in any spontaneous mode). Most vents have a flow term (or E sens on a PB840 for exemple) of 25%, and it work. Again, patient confort can be improved (%up or down), of volume (% down, 10% is the lowest setting if I recall correctly).

Hope this helps.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ste-Agathe-Des-Monts, Québec, Canada | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Renton. Your answer is very helpful.

We also have a Vision, but its nice to have a 2nd option in case we need it. It doesn't look like a 2nd Vision is in the budget, however much we are begging.

posted Hide Post
Surfing the net, I found this link to be helpful:

[EMAIL]http://www.pulmonetic.com/support/support_clinical.aspx [/EMAIL]

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnRRT:

We recently received 2 new LTV 1200s and are working on a Work Instruction to use the vent as a BiPAP. We know how to set the BiPAP up, but we are wondering about some added features.

Here are our questions:

1. RISE TIME: How do you determine where to set this? What is a good Profile to start at? When would it be ideal to increase or decrease this?

2. FLOW TERM: When should this be used? If it is used, what is a good starting point? When should it be increased or decreased?

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnRRT:

Here are our questions:

To set this value you from the top-left button
If I am not mistaken press the select button and hold for sveral seconds until you see set of menu in the "window".
Tha is how to access the utility.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post