VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Ventilator Circuit question please help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ventilator Circuit question please help
 Login/Join

posted
Fisher & Paykell says there neonatal/infant ventilator circuits be be used for volumes of up to 120 mls and their adult circuits can be used for volumes greater than 120 mls. My question to you is this; does this than remove any need for the use of a pediatric ventilator circuit? does your hospital use pediatric circuits in the PICU or do you use adult and infant circuits only?

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi we only use infant and adult circuits, we trialled specific paediatric circuit but there wasn't a great enough requirement for them within the UK for Fisher Paykel to mass produce them. We don't have any problems at all.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that seems accurate, at my hospital it seems as though pediatric circuits are now a thing of the past. If you still use pediatric circuits at your hospital I'd love to hear about your experiences, and if your hospital has considered standardizing pediatric ventilation practices to only adult and infant circuits. Either way I'd like to hear about other how other hospitals ventilate their pediatric population.

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post