VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Espri
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Espri
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone give me your opinion on the Espri by Respironics? Is this a ventilator one can replace a fleet of 7200's with, or look as an alternative to the servo-i from a cost perspective? How would you rate it against any and all, drager, servo, pb, pulmonetics, i-vent, e-vent, viasys, etc...?

CN

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<novice indi>
posted
Smileevent's insperation is the best, cost effective, consumes very little hiliox as it's not regulator based gas blending(bleeds),web compatiable,active exhl valve w aprv/bipap colour graphic display, no pm kit requirement,upgradable.........

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<smd44>
posted
In my opinion you should look at a few different types of vents, see if they meet your criteria. If you are looking at a vent like the espri I would also suggest the servo-s. My director bought a few and we like them a lot. good luck with your decision

<rterrorist_123>
posted
I think the Espri is a mid range vent with limited flow secondary to an expensive blower. Is flow starving in the critical patient been a problem. Perhaps the Espri should stick with the sub acutes of the world.

<rt34>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by rterrorist_123:
I think the Espri is a mid range vent with limited flow secondary to an expensive blower. Is flow starving in the critical patient been a problem. Perhaps the Espri should stick with the sub acutes of the world.

<lifesaver>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by rterrorist_123:

Why do you think it is a mid range vent, I have used it in all areas of the hospital It doen't flow starve with the new software "Flow Trac" Maybe you should be re educated. My rep is great and they have a outstanding clinical support group

<surfactant-123>
posted
I feel it is a mid range vent because that is how the FDA classifies it. And who mentioned anything about reps and clinical support.Perhaps you should answer the question asked.

<lifesaver>
posted
It is obvious that surfactant123 has not used the Esprit. If I was replacing ANY of the vents that are coming to "end of Life" I would replace any of them with an Esprit.
Thanks

<Rick Avery>
posted
Flow Trac requires the patient to inspire to 2 cmH20 below their set PEEP before they can receive additional flow. So, on the iddle of a positive pressure breath, let us say that the pressure in the cisrcuit has climbed to 30 cmH2O. That means the patient will have to inspire a total of negative 32 cmH2O to access the additional flow.

Is that really an effecive way to provide more flow? I doubt it.

<MikeL>
posted
If you are thinking of using the Espri in a critical care setting, I think you will be very dissapointed. It is like comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.