VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Fisher Paykel alert
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fisher Paykel alert
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all

Today's onslaught of emails included this alert from Fisher Paykel.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/medeff/advisories-avis/prof/index_e.html

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this statement in the fine print but here it is again:

"In addition, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare wishes to take this opportunity to advise you that the labelling for the catalog numbers listed in this recall letter will be modified in the future to introduce a recommendation of a maximum 7 day use."

A. Does that imply that all those centers that are using these disposable Paykel circuits will re-assess VAP & CDC guidelines and go back to 7 day circuit change?!
B. The company's notice is dated December 28, 2005. That is almost 3 months ago. When and has your site received this alert? I would think that both Source Medical (distributor) and Fisher Paykel (manufacturer)should alert the ned-users immediately as a goodwill if not safety-first gesture.

D. Will every center, city, state, county, and government who planned on stockpiling X amount of circuits in case of a flu pandemic need to readjust the number they will possibly need to XXX circuits? Then again, the mortality is +/- 50% for those patients so they probably won't survive past 7 days.

I wonder if New Zealand's arson squad is on top of this alert.

CdnRT

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<OK RT>
posted
I am glad someone posted this. I use this circuit and had several in the named lot numbers. I had never received this recall letter from the manufacturer.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post